£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
Are you an experienced NPD technologist looking for step up? Do you have a strong bakery background? If yes, then this role could be for you.
iO Associates have partnered with a Burnley based food manufacturing business for the recruitment of a Senior NPD Technologist. In this role you will drive the NPD & EPD process & projects and have full responsibility for the coming up with new recipes and developing concepts from initial brief to launch. You will be engaged across the whole development process, whilst keeping up to date with market trends and consumer behaviours which will in turn influence the ideation of development briefs.
The role will include hands on work in the development kitchen, producing samples for customers as well documentation such as stage gate reviews and costings. You will have the autonomy to manage your own innovation projects as well as ensuring all packaging projects are owned and delivered OTIF.
Attending Factory trials, customer pre-pros and launches will be a big part of your day to day as will communicating cross functionally with the business to ensure good working relationships are maintained and projects are delivered on time.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- 3+ years experience in a NPD role.
- BSc Food Science or similar
- Knowledge of Baking, Bakery processes and ingredients
- Experience running factory trials
- Good Communication skills - written and verbal
- An innovation flair
- Good problem solving skills
In return you will receive a salary between £30,000-£35,000 along with
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
- 3% pension - autoenrollment.
- Free parking outside building.
- £25,000 Death in Service.
- Staff Treats platform - Thousands of discounts on top stores,
- 24 hr doctor and full employee assistance programme.
- Fruit delivered 2 x per week for staff
If this sounds like your kind of role and you would like to find out more, don't hesitate to get in touch today and apply below