£400 - £600 per day
Senior React Native Engineer - Contract - Remote - UK
My client is a B2B digital health startup on a mission to bring expert healthcare to everyone.
They fill some of the biggest gaps in healthcare by providing expert-led, personalised support to people when they need it most, all on a secure mobile app. The areas we support include fertility, menopause, pregnancy, early parenthood and men's health (with more to come).
They work with over 50 employers and insurers (and counting!), including Microsoft, Santander, Accenture, Aviva and SAP. They helps them look after their people when they need it most, and to build an employer brand that helps them stand out from the crowd.
They're looking for a Senior Mobile Engineer to join their fast-growing team, who want to play a role in the next chapter of our journey and be part of a force for good in the world.
As the Senior Mobile Engineer, you will:
- Deliver a high-quality Mobile Application as a part of an agile cross-functional team with experienced Engineers, QAs, Product Managers and Designers
- Build and launch new features regularly at the right level of quality
- Write clean, testable, and efficient code
- Conduct peer reviews and ensure the high quality of deliverables by using VCS
- Bring your expertise to the technical discussions, propose, challenge or approve technical solutions
- Conduct research for the new features and integrations
- Take an active role across the whole product development lifecycle
Who Theyre looking for:
- 4+ years of professional experience developing customer-facing Mobile Applications
- 2+ years of professional experience developing with React Native
- Experience of acting as a mentor to more junior engineers
- Experience writing automated tests for your code
- High level of proficiency in software design principles and testing methodologies
- Excellent communicator who can simplify complexity to share your work with the whole team
- Proven ability to learn, investigate, experiment and prototype
Bonus points, if you also have:
- Experience writing TypeScript
- Experience with Web sockets and chat rooms
- Experience with Detox or Appium
Who you are:
- You have an innate interest in health and wellbeing. You'll be motivated by the idea of being part of a force for good and bringing health support to millions.
- You will be hungry to join an exciting startup. You'll get excited about the prospect of rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in.
- You're collaborative and respectful as a team player. You positively contribute to Peppy as a team. You're supportive and see success as team success.
- You're committed to exceeding expectations, boundaries and excellence. You demonstrate passion and you're willing to go the extra mile.
- You take ownership of your deliverables and you admit your mistakes. You take responsibility and you're proactive in identifying solutions