- Role: Senior Realtime Data Engineer
- Duration: 6 Months
- Hybrid (A Few Days a Month)
- Rate: To be discussed
- IR35: Outside
- Between Milton Keynes and Cambridge
- One stage interview
I have the opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer to join a client that's listed internationally on the stock exchange.
As the successful candidates, you will be querying data held with in a pre-existing data lake to provide insight into the direct business functionality. There will be elements of senior internal stakeholder engagement as you deliver this information to the relevant members of the business. You will work closely with both the software and hardware departments to establish the best use cases for both.
You should have key experience with real time data/ data streaming, preferably with Apache Flink.
You will be converting meaningless data into useable meaningful data that can be later processed into dashboards.
Essential Experience Required:
- Apache Flink (or Spark with real time data use).
- Scala or Java
- Self-motivated to learn new skills
- Experience in developing on Windows
- Unit Testing
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience of Linux
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (Abstraction, Inheritance, Polymorphism, etc.)
I have been assured by the client that these are very career progressive positions, and an extension is very likely.
I will be taking applications until the weekend (17/06/22) so please get them in as soon as possible.