€80000.00 - €90000.00 per annum
Senior Powertrain Test Engineer
Up to 90,000 EUR per year
6 month contract
This high performance systems team runs tests that facilitate certification, development, and research for the technology areas: Propulsion, Batteries, Structures, Environmental Tests and Hardware in the Loop (HIL).
In this role you will support the flight test campaign with testing and troubleshooting of the powertrain for the aircraft. You will have complete ownership with end-to-end responsibility over tests and test rigs and be the first point of contact for any test or troubleshooting aircraft and work in close collaboration with an international, multi-disciplined team of highly skilled engineers.
Your day to day:
* Planning and setup of test equipment and labs
* Holistic and agile test development including concept, design, data acquisition and documentation
* Pragmatic evaluation of test concepts with idealization of physical effects and first principles reasoning approach
* Ad-hoc & hands-on test execution, troubleshooting, and reporting to support our fast-paced development activities
* Coordination with interfacing teams from Engineering, CAD, Calculation and Production
* Identification of test rig requirements in relation to aircraft, system, and sub-system requirements
* Degree in mechatronic/electrical/aerospace engineering (M. Sc. / Ph.D.) or a related field is required
* 3+ years of hands-on experience with powertrain testing (e.g. engines, actuators, batteries, inverters, electronic control units)
* Experience with multi-kW electrical machines and power electronics is desired
* Experience with Lithium-ion batteries is desired
* Experience with sensors, data acquisition and control systems
A fantastic opportunity! Please click apply to know more!