£500 - £525 per day
Senior User Researcher - £500 Per Day - 6-Month Contract - Fully Remote - Outside IR35
Our client has studios across the globe. They bring together strategy, technology and design and their aim is to create purposeful products and services that have a positive impact on people and society. They do this by Humanizing Complexity.
You will plan, design, and carry out research activities with the people and customers who use the products and services of their clients. Your research will inform policy, services, products, content, and design, among other client requirements.
As a result of the insights and learning you will contribute, you must be experienced working in multi-disciplinary, agile teams that include UX designers, product managers, technical architects and engineers, and business analysts, along with a demonstrated track record of educating and influencing through your research the decisions of important stakeholders.
Your first assignment will be within a UK Government department where your research will provide insights to drive innovation and enhance a user centred approach to the design and development of new products and services. A security clearance is mandatory for this role and previous experience leading user research in a UK Government department is preferable.
- Build user-centred practices in teams, emphasising the diversity of users
- Align user research activities with wider plans to inform a product or proposition
- Supervise and develop other user researchers to assure and improve research practice
- Understand the diversity of users of government services and the need to make services (and research activities) usable and accessible for everyone
- Identify research needs and select the most appropriate research methods from ethnographies to surveys
- Design, write and present research plans that outline study objectives and method
- Identify target recruits for studies, working closely with the client and team to obtain the appropriate candidates
- Lead primary research interview, focus groups or workshops with users, subject matter experts and stakeholders
- Analyse findings from all methods of research, including quantitative data analysis, to generate meaningful insights and actionable recommendations
- Collaborate with the client and team to review learning and complete analysis and synthesis
- Present findings and any resulting recommendations or strategy in a clear, visual manner - drawing on the design expertise of the team - so that anyone can understand and use the information
- Recent experience with a UK government role or project applying user centred and agile practices (desirable)
- 4+ years' experience in user research, ideally in consultancy firms, research agencies, large research teams or organisations where research has been critical in facilitating data-driven business decisions
- Proven ability to design and execute an effective research plan that delivered on the objectives
- Excellent presentation skills, meaning you can deliver actionable insights and make clear recommendations while considering the interests and existing knowledge of your audience
- Excellent written and verbal English
- A multi-disciplinary team-oriented personality and the ability to work well with a variety of people who come from different departments, disciplines, and backgrounds
Interviews are taking place next week for a start on the 17th of January so please either apply directly or contact me via o.gerrard-