€80000 - €90000 per annum
Be a part of the next generation of air mobility!!
My client, an electric VTOL company based in Munich, are currently seeking an experience Stress Engineer to be the focal point of their team for a minimum of 12 months.
This position is based on-site in Munich.
Your role and your team:
I am looking for a calculation engineer with a strong background in stress, fatigue & damage tolerance analysis to join the team.
In this position, you will have the exciting opportunity to work within the rapidly growing Stress Team as part of the Calculation Department. You will report to the Team Lead Stress and be part of the multi-disciplinary Integrated Project Team (IPT) for "Structures and Interior".
Your day to day:
- Central point of contact representing Stress Engineers within project team to all relevant stakeholders, i.e., Principal Design Engineer, Chief Engineers, Heads of Engineering Disciplines, Stress Focals of other project teams
- Keep the overview of all stress work performed within the project team and ensure consistent use of methods according to existing processes and guidelines
- Highlight existing gaps in processes and guidelines and actively propose solutions
- Review and approve analysis data, FE models and stress reports
- Manage interfaces within project team and to neighbouring systems from Stress perspective
- Contribute to Structure Categorization, V & V planning as well as the program planning from Stress perspective
- Hold full responsibility for all Stress analysis, post-processing and reporting of the results prepared by the project team in milestone reviews
- Work closely with Engineers from Mechanical Engineering, Crashworthiness, Design, Manufacturing and Testing throughout the entire product development process to develop an airframe with exceptional performance
Therefore, I am ideally seeking candidates that can demonstrate the following skills and expertise:
- Experience in Structural analysis, with application to aircraft structures; ideally recent exposure in a lead engineer capacity.
- Experience as checker or approver of Stress work in aerospace DO environment; ideally including involvement in verification and validation (V&V) activities
- Excellent knowledge of stress, damage tolerance and fatigue analysis methods following established standards for metallic and CFRP structures
- In-depth understanding of the loading scenarios and mechanical behaviour of aircraft structures
- Extensive working experience with the commercial implicit FE code OptiStruct, and corresponding pre- and post-processing tools (HyperMesh and HyperView) is a must
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style is a must
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Interested? Click the link to apply and I'll call you as soon as possible to discuss the opportunity in more detail.