£30000 - £35000 per annum
iO Associates are currently working with a manufacturer of wound components, printed-circuit board assemblies, cabinet wiring and electronic test equipment for the civil aircraft, space, and defence industries.
They are currently recruiting for a Supplier Quality Engineer who will be responsible for driving continuous improvement throughout our supply base through effective performance measurement, 8D and RCCA management.
- This role is operational and reports to the Operations Director, but will have dotted line responsibility to the Quality Director for the maintenance and improvement of the BMS to ensure continued compliance to ISO9001, AS9100 and Customer standards.
- Support and host supply chain audits and visits as well as acting as supply chain Focal for Quality.
- Driving effective Continuous Improvement activities in to deliver RFT and COPQ objectives - including PPAP, Control Plans, 8D RCCA.
- Drive improvements in the Quality Culture across the business and the supply base.
- Deliver the Value Stream Quality Improvement Plan.
- Define site wide approved supplier listings, with approved scope for each supplier - educating and assisting Supply chain team members.
- Interact with suppliers, internal customers and key stakeholders at all levels as required.
- Coaching, Training, and support for Supply Chain team members and their peers.
- BMS Process, Procedure Documentation creation - sharing / guiding the team to ensure compliance.
- Pro active problem identification and solving - using tools and techniques appropriate to task
- Accountability for driving and facilitating effective RCCA through AS13000 deployment
- Manage Customer Returns, including determining liability , using / issue of RMA and driving to root cause .
- Attend and support daily Tier 2 meetings
- Managing and reporting on Permit / Waiver status and also for Processing Permit applications with customer.
- Conducting internal and external audits to AS9100 and support and lead on customer audits as required, and manage non-conformances to completion on time.
- Raising the level of Quality Awareness through the support Teams using techniques such as Toolbox Talks
- Key player within delivery team - focused on RFT and OTD
- Co-ordination and lead on PPAP activity
- Travel may be required to support business needs
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experienced in Aerospace industry or similar industry.
- Health and Safety awareness and engagement
- A sound experience base in problem solving - method specific
- Lead Auditor or Internal Auditor qualified (AS9100)
- Relevant training in AS9100 and ISO.
- Experience of Customer FAIR to AS9102.
- A formal qualification in Quality / electronic / mechanical engineering.
- PPAP / Lean Manufacturing/ CI qualification and or relevant experience in application of lean tools and creations of improvement plans. (Six sigma)
The company are looking to start interviews next week and would looking to fill the position quickly, so if you are interested in the role then please get in touch with Craig Lawrence @ iO Associates or by uploading your CV on the link provided.