£32000 - £36000 per annum
As the System Support Specialist, you will work within the IT infrastructure service team. Your role will be to maintain and develop the Office 365 platform. You will also support and maintain the organisations Active Directory, Microsoft Windows Servers and VMware infrastructure. You will work with third party providers to deliver support and solutions. You will be responsible for supporting highly available services configured according to industry standards.
You will use appropriate methodological approaches such as agile and will work in collaboration with the wider DIT team.
As the System Support Specialist, you will:
- Support the Lead Infrastructure Engineer to build the security of new and existing infrastructure and the Office 365 platform to protect information from unauthorised access, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction
- Support and maintain the organisations Active Directory, Microsoft Windows Servers and VMware infrastructure
- Maintain and develop the Office 365 platform.
- Work closely with the DIT team which includes the Digital Workplace, Web Operations and IT Service Desk support teams to provide effective incident and problem management for Office 365, Exchange Online, InTune and other related business solutions
- Work with third party providers to provide support for IT infrastructure services.
- Be responsible for supporting highly available services configured according to industry standards
- Use appropriate methodological approaches such as agile
- Undertake end user training primarily on Office 365 applications including provision of FAQs and online e-learning although other training may also be required
- Ensure that the Office 365 and IT infrastructure, data security, risk and impact assessments are reviewed and reported on to the change advisory board
- Provide technical expertise and input into policies and guidance including providing required input to the governance fora
- Collaborate closely with the IT Operations and Service Support teams to ensure the O365 platform is secure, compliant and aligned with enterprise architecture principles
- Work independently, proactively taking ownership of IT infrastructure and O365 platform issues
- Be able to analyse complex technical issues and perform root cause analyses to solve problems
- Be able to focus and concentrate on solving complex problems, sometime for prolonged periods of time
- Be able to communicate complex technical issues and risks to non-technical business stakeholders external to the team, both verbally and written
- Be comfortable with presenting and leading workshops with other technical staff and business stakeholders
- Work with colleagues to establish best practice, share knowledge and undertake technical training of colleagues
- The post holder may be required undertake any other duties at the request of the line manager which are commensurate with the role, including project work, absence cover or new initiatives
- Able to work with agile multi-disciplinary teams
- Maintain dependable IT infrastructure and networking that is always available
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems by running diagnostics, prioritising, and assessing the impact of issues, and documenting problems and resolutions.
- You will undertake continual professional development, keeping up to date with the latest infrastructure, technology, standards, tools and techniques
- Act as a digital ambassador by sharing experiences through blog posts and engaging with the wider Digital IT community
- Work independently, having a high level of discipline to manage and take ownership of technical issues
- Be able to analyse complex technical problems and advise appropriate solutions, given sometimes conflicting requirements
- Relevant degree (or equivalent) in a computer science field or equivalent level of experience and further training/development
- Office 365 qualification
- MCSE certification
If you would like to apply. Please send your CV to me Stacey Pitcher and I will contact you for a confidential chat.