€50 - €65 per hour
On behalf of my client based in GermanyU, I am currently seeking an experienced Thermal Engineer to work on a next generation aerospace project for a minimum of 6 months. Some key information regarding the opportunity is as follows:
Your Role and your Team:
You will report to the Multiphysics Team Leader and work closely with the propulsion system development team.
The team includes engineers using low and high-fidelity calculation and optimization methods to ensure the aircraft and systems achieve the best possible performance.
Your Day to Day:
- Take the leading role for thermal simulations within the propulsion system, in particular for the electrical unit and electronics related systems and equipment
- Hold the main responsibility for thermal management devices and contribute to the engine design by providing cooling design inputs based on sensitivity and trade studies.
- Work closely with system engineering team to establish and run an efficient simulation-driven design and optimization process
- Provide detailed reports for certification purpose
Therefore, I am ideally seeking candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a similar position, experience on electrical machine and power electronics component cooling is required
- Excellent skills in heat transfer modelling required
- Industry experience with thermal networks and reduced order modelling (1D) is required
- Strong background heat transfer mechanisms and thermal design principles
- Experience in fluid dynamics and CFD predictions appreciated
- Working experience with CFD solver StarCCM+, coding languages Python or Matlab, and thermal network solvers GTSuite, Amesim or Simscape required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, German or any other language is considered a plus
If this position is of interest to you and you'd like to apply, please do so via the link on this advert and I will call you as soon as possible to discuss the opportunity in more detail.