£500 - £550 per day
User Researcher - £500-£550 Per Day - Fully Remote - 5-Month Contract - Outside IR35
Are you an experienced Senior User Researcher looking for a new contract opportunity? Do you have a strong user-centred design background?
Imagine having a talent that could benefit someone you've never met and solve problems you didn't even know existed. Well, you do, and you can. And we're here to help you do just that.
As a User Researcher, you will:
- Take part in research activities on one of our agile, user-centred design teams focused on a specific user journey, project, or workstream in Test and Trace. Be responsible for ensuring our design projects are rooted in a deep understanding of users and their needs
- Identify and build strong relationships with stakeholders across large-scale and high-profile projects
- Design qualitative research methodologies to maximise insight in fast paced, agile environments
- Create and improve user-centred research practices
- Manage relationships between your team and others to ensure consistency and share good practice.
- Work alongside your team to map out user needs, translate them into user stories and develop them in an iterative fashion
- Engage in meaningful interactions and relationships with users.
- Interpret evidence-based research and incorporate this into your work
- Synthesise research findings rapidly using appropriate tools and techniques into user needs, expressed as user stories
- Bring insights and learnings to life for colleagues in the most appropriate ways
- Significant experience of user research in agile teams within a government setting
- Experience with working with constraints and ability to identify, challenge, and adhere to them.
- Strong knowledge of best practices in user-centred research, and the ability to embed them into an agile workflow to deliver timely outputs.
- Participation in research practice development, training and mentorship
- Ability to manage and influence stakeholders and contribute to improving these relationships, using evidence to explain decisions made
- Adept at providing simple, clear and audience appropriate research and synthesis
- Confident communicator: able to persuade; negotiate; influence; network; and collaborate
- Ability to get to the heart of an issue, demonstrating expert knowledge in an applied setting
- Experience of high-profile programmes of work, with levels of complexity and uncertainty
This opportunity is not one to miss if you want to dive headfirst into a government project and positively impact the lives of people in the UK.