£360 - £361 per day
Position: Vendor Delivery Project Manager (VDM)
Pay £280 per day
The Vendor Delivery Manager (VDM) will be responsible for coordinating and managing the delivery of our customers network infrastructure hardware, devices and equipment in support of network fiber services (fiber, waves, collocation space, power, cross-connects, riser, IP-transit ports, etc.) from third-party vendors in accordance with planned deployment timeframes contractually negotiated by the customer.
The candidate will need to be robust and resilient when a situation is difficult, time is crucial, decisions need to be made and contractual conflicts resolved.
- Serve as the primary vendor contact for project delivery of long haul dark fiber, leased wavelengths, circuit adds, moves, changes and disconnects.
- The ability to drive vendors to remediate non-compliant/out of specification delivered fiber.
- Demonstrated organizational project tracking, communications & time management skills.
- Proficient with laptop and window applications, managing multiple spreadsheets & documents. MS projects useful but not essential.
- Communication of target completion dates and managing project dependencies.
- Create reports suitable for all required levels of project.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 years experience (IT related field is beneficial but not mandatory).
- Minimum of 3 -5 years of project management experience.
- Knowledge of Dark Fiber and Lit circuit delivery is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Negotiation, project management, leadership, planning and time management skills.
- PRINCE 2 or any project management accreditation.
This is an immediate start 6 month contract. If you are interested please send your CV ASAP for immediate consideration. You should be experienced in managing this type of network infastructure delivery in previous roles to be eligable for interview.