Up to £35542 per annum
iO Associates have partnered with a global FMCG business in Newport in the search several Mechanical Maintenance Technicians.
The company have gone through some substantial growth and added some new production lines meaning they have a need for several Mechanically biased Maintenance Technicians.
In this role, you will be responding to minor and major breakdowns, fault finding and ensuring the production equipment keeps running smoothly.
This will require you to inspect machines and maintain the automated inspection systems.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A formal qualification in appropriate subject ONC/HNC, BTEC/City and Guilds in a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Discipline/apprenticeship
- Knowledge of high speed and/or food processing production
- Machine setting
- Fault finding and problem solving
- Plc, pneumatics, robotics desirable
- Adaptable and able to connect with others
- Team orientated/ collaborative
- Able to operate & take decisions independently/ enjoys autonomy
They run a 3 shift rota of Days, nights and afternoons, 40 hours a week. The first week will be Monday-Friday 6am-2pm, 2nd week Sunday-Thursday 10pm-6am and 3rd week Monday-Friday 2pm-10pm.
In return you will receive a salary of £30,902.75 plus a shift allowance of 15% equalling a salary of £35,542.
If you meet most of these criteria and you would like to find out more, don't hesitate to get in touch and apply today.