Up to £30325 per annum + excellent benefits
IO have just partnered up with an exciting large, world leading science organisation, you'll be involved in the key activities of an organisation that is never far from the public eye.
You'll be working in small office and social media team, your role will be to ensure that the company's reputation is protected and enhanced through building and maintaining a proactive and reactive relationship with the media.
You'll be using a broad range of communication channels and marketing channels.
You, the successful candidate will need:
1. Deal with media enquiries in an appropriate, timely manner, including through the use of social media channels, to promote and protect the reputation in line with the Marketing & Communications strategy and in collaboration with marketing and communications colleagues.
2. Contribute to production, coordination and implementation of proactive media relations plans, campaigns, narratives and messages in line with wider communications plans, working with colleagues and agencies as required to deliver campaigns and projects and ensure a consistent voice.
3. Draft lines to take, narratives, messages, media plans, press releases, Q&A, blogs and other written content, including for social media, in collaboration with appropriate colleagues ensuring that all communications are co-ordinated.
4. Use social media channels to promote open access to information and advice
5. Help identify up-and-coming media and social media opportunities and threats ensuring that the company is aware of and prepared for all key issues that may impact on the organisation and its reputation.
6. Create and develop meaningful internal and external contacts including agencies to cultivate beneficial relationships with the media
7. Work with colleagues to continuously improve the service provided to internal and external audiences.
8. Deliver media interviews in the press, on radio and occasionally on TV .
9. Provide out of hours support on a roster.
An opportunity like this will get snatched up quickly - I'm shortlisting Wednesday, 22/09 and interviewing later next week, so please do not hesitate to drop me an email on . Please send me you up-to-date CV.
YOU MUST BE LOCATED IN THE UK AND HAVE A RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK.