£70000 - £80000 per annum
Principal DSP Algorithm Engineer
Salary: £80,000 (DOE)
Location: Sheffield (remote working available)
This is an opportunity to join an exciting and fast paced R&D start up, whose next generation long range fixed wirelesses broadband product is bringing connectivity to some of the most rural and remote urban environments around the world.
Having received heavy investment, they are in a stable position and looking to grow their R&D team. As a Principal DSP Algorithm Engineer you will work from end to end product design, simulation, optimization and implementation for their next generation products.
This is a full time permanent role which for the most part can be based remotely with the occasional requirement to commute to their offices in Sheffield.
- Researching and developing hybrid, analog and fully-digital beamforming architectures for microwave and mmWave systems
- Write detailed design documents that will enable implementation of algorithms in FPGA and DSP firmware coding.
- Optimize and fine-tune the system for spec compliance in an RF lab environment.
- Implement system models and perform detailed performance investigations
- M.S.C/PH.D in engineering or equivalent work experience required.
- At least 10 years of experience in communications algorithms and DSP architectures
- Experience developing hybrid, analog and fully-digital beamforming architectures for microwave and mmWave systems
- Deep understanding of communication theory & signal processing related algorithms design (such as timing recovery, signal estimation and detection, automatic gain control, RF impairment estimation and correction, channel estimation, equalization, coding theory, etc.)
- Experience with Matlab or Python and/or C/C++ for algorithm development, modeling, and simulation.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, hands-on entrepreneurial environment
- Experience in implementing the algorithms to DSP, FPGAs
- Experience in development of point-to-point, point-to-multi-point or wireless CPE (Customer-premises equipment)
- Deep knowledge in modems, WiFi, DVB, Antennas, MIMO, tracking systems, RF design, PHY, MAC
- Hands on experience on lab testing & characterization.
Please apply for immediate consideration or contact - Jordan Pyatt on 07713990304