£60000 - £75000 per annum
We are working with a London based leading developer of high throughput, modular phased arrays whose unique innovation of electronically steerable antennas enable almost any vehicle surface to receive and send satellite signals.
Due to recent takeover and investment, several opportunities have arisen for RF Antenna Design Engineers to complement the existing design team.
As a Principal RF Antenna Design Engineer you will be responsible for the design, development and simulation of Ku-Band and Ka-Band transmit and receive flat panel, electronically scanned phased array antenna boards.
This will be an opportunity to demonstrate your technical leadership abilities by providing mentorship in areas of specialist expertise whilst collaborating closely with the ASIC, Hardware, Software and System Test teams to ensure effective support of the wider development programmes.
This is a full time permanent position paying up to £75,000 p/a.
- A good first degree (BEng/MEng) in Electronic/Electrical Engineering, Physics or related subject, preferably specialising in antennas and EM propagation.
- At least five to eight years' experience of RF and antenna design and measurement and +5 years industry experience in a development role.
- Proven experience in antenna design and product development covering a range of microwave frequencies. Experience with the characteristics and design of various antenna types.
- Solid understanding of antenna theory, phased array principles, and electronically steerable arrays. Ability to capture requirements and distil them into a written specification.
- Able to demonstrate a solid understanding of RF Antenna Design and modelling using tools such as HFSS and ADS; knowledge of HFSS Domain Decomposition Method a distinct advantage.
- Solid knowledge on EM theory and expertise with 2D/3D EM simulation tools such as HFSS, ADS; experience of using these tools in a Cloud based Computing Cluster would be an advantage.
- Competency to perform post-processing of data using tools such as MATLAB or Mathcad.
- Good knowledge of transmission line theory and impedance matching circuits.
- Hands-on experience performing S-parameter measurements using PNAs and antenna pattern measurements, using anechoic chambers in development lab environments.
- Competitive salary
- Modern open plan offices
- Bonus scheme
- Contributory pension
- 25 days holiday (plus recognised public holidays) and holiday purchase scheme
- Flexible working
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
Please send through your CV or contact Jordan Pyatt at iO Associates on 01173 328 100 for more details.