£50000 - £60000 per annum
Senior Development Test Engineer
Do you want to help shape the future of mobile broadband?
A leading innovator of high throughput, modular phased arrays is looking for a Senior Hardware Development Test Engineer.
This exciting start-up has been taken over by a leading international communications company who have given them significant investment to expand into the commercial sector.
As they move closer to product release, they are looking for someone who can work with the existing design and operations teams to deliver full realised production test solutions ready to support the scale up of hardware procurement.
The salary bracket for this role is £50,000 - £60,000 p/a
- Educated to degree or HND level in a relevant subject area such as Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- At least 3 years experience in a production development environment with a history of hands on testing of PCB and electronic sub-assemblies or leading-edge electronic components
- A good background understanding of MCU based subsystems and RF fundamentals with experience in capturing, documenting and analysing test results as part of performance characterisation. Sufficient understanding of hardware functions and following schematics
- Capable of reading and understanding design specifications, test requirements and schematics with a view to subsequently developing tests suitable for capturing board performance metrics
- Good hands on experience in the operation and use of LAB test equipment such as DVMs, Counters, RF signal generators, spectrum analysers, MXAs, oscilloscopes and network analysers
- Knowledge of Boundary Scan (JTAG) test development and debug for MCU programming, connectivity testing and functional test of PCB Assemblies (SPI Flash, I2C peripherals, etc).
- Understanding of common interface standards - Ethernet, TCP/IP, USB, SPI, I2C, RS232
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and capable of producing high quality test specs, reports and analysis documents. Able to present findings on paper and to wider stakeholders
- Motivated by teamwork with the capability of providing technical leadership
- A history of defining and/or delivering process improvement within an engineering setting
- Practical with good problem-solving capabilities and able to adapt to fast moving environments
- Problem analysis and problem solving of combinations of hardware, firmware and GUIs
- Practical understanding of Measure System Analysis
- Electrical and/or PCB design experience or experience in specifying technical requirements or product deliverables for communication equipment
- Experience with a suitable scripting language such as Python or Matlab to control equipment for test automation and the development of semi-automated functional tests
- Some knowledge of ARM and PIC microcontrollers (MCUs) would be a distinct advantage
- Competent in the use of a PCB Layout Tool (Altium Designer preferred) to support debugging
- Understand and implement best practice around production test in manufacturing environments
- Experience in delivering well defined projects and an understanding of managing tasks and reporting on progress and slippages that can have an impact of other business areas
- Experience with working with external resources or contractor arrangements.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Contributory pension
- 25 days holiday (plus recognised public holidays) and holiday purchase scheme
- Flexible working
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme