£55000 - £60000 per annum + pension, healthcare
Tech Business Analyst
Remote/ £55-65,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
As a Tech Business Analyst, you will assist the Product Manager in liaising with stakeholders, including data source owners, users, Data Team, BI Analytics team, Data Protection Office, and other Product teams.
- Analysis of data sources, including data structures; user journey actions.
- Specifying integration rules in appropriate documentation.
- Identify/document GDPR considerations and impacts when mapping user and business actions to keep the Data Lake compliant.
- Maintaining "source of truth" ingestion artefacts to reflect current and evolving status of data source integrations and ingestions and all their constituent capabilities.
- Actioning priorities set by the Product Manager to realise the Product Strategy into Jira backlog and their pertinent sprints whilst working closely with the delivery team and Tech Lead to complete this.
- Running key Agile Scrum ceremonies and supporting delivery team to ensure all Jira stories are in state of "Ready" for committing in sprint planning, with clear Acceptance Criteria.
- Ensuring prioritised work packages' requirements are clarified in time for refinement and spring planning sessions.
- Creating and maintaining good practice in story creation/refinement using templates and standards.
- Identify and document Data Quality requirements.
- Work closely with the Data Governance Manager and Data Governance Analysts to ensure key data governance artefacts are up to date.
- Ensuring any rules, GDPR considerations, etc. identified for integration / ingestion into the Data Lake are also communicated to parallel Customer Data Platform.
- Working closely with QA Engineers to shape testing via clear (user) story and Acceptance Criteria.
- Degree-level education Computer Science or Information Management, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in Data related Business Analysis, ideally including roles in media companies or technology companies.
- Ability to work effectively remotely and resourcefully, with excellent remote management and communication skills.
- Experience working with Data Ingestions from internal and external providers in large-scale data environments, working with product management, data architects, technical lead, data engineers, business intelligence and analytics, data governance, data protection, business stakeholders.
- Versed in functional/non-functional requirements gathering and definition.
- Strong stakeholder management and formal communication skills (spoken, written, documentation).
- Experience liaising with external clients, B2B, vendors/suppliers.
- At ease working with as well as interface between delivery / technical and non-technical professionals.
- Ability to ascertain business value of data sources through collating/assessing key metrics, such as: revenue generation, active registered customers' record volumes, etc.
- Apt at collating key information about data sources and presenting to the Product Manager for prioritisation according to business value.
- Experience working with Integration / Ingestions of data sources into a Data Lake / Data Platform.
- Proficient in data mapping with understanding of data modelling principles (can read ERDs).
- Experience with data cataloguing using data dictionaries and data lineage.
- Experience with Data Governance (GDPR - data privacy).
- Good SQL to interrogate and analyse data.
- Good standard of user story mapping/writing, ideally in Jira.
- Effective liaison with the team and running Agile (scrum/Kanban) ceremonies.
- Excellent organisational skills, proactive, self-starter with a curious approach to data and its value.
- Presenting to stakeholders incl. data team, as well as delivering training.
Nice to have
- Athena, ETL (Alteryx, general principles of data transformation).
- Other methodologies (exposure experience).
- G-Suite (collaborative tooling).
- Reporting of metrics and analytics.
- Can work in an intense and fast paced environment, with multiple work packages in parallel.
In return our client can offer you:
- Very Competitive Salary
- 100% home based (UK Only)
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Healthcare & Dental
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Lots of high street discounts!
If you have above skills, please contact Kristina for further information on 0779 0220499.